Saturday, September 20, 2008

American Idol Fans Get More And More Rabid Each Day

For those of you who don't know, I am a moderator at the American Idol-related site Vote For The Worst. I am also a co-host of the site's weekly podcast.

A few days ago, we had a very special guest: Season 7 finalist and former VFTW pick Amanda Overmyer. We love Amanda, and if you listen to the show, you'll know why. I'll post a link further down in the article.

I posted the show on YouTube, in six parts. One part featured one of my co-hosts, Deb, going off on the Jason Castro family for accepting (and in some cases, blatantly asking for) frivolous gifts from their fans, out of their own pockets. His mother, Betsy, has gone as far as to threaten teenagers for making homemade fan shirts with his likeness on them. To sell to a few friends from school. Hey, every penny counts, right?

Anyway, Deb's rant is love. Listen to it here.

It only took a group of Jason's most rabid fans a couple of hours to find the video and to start a flame attack of their own. They must have Google alerts set up for the guy, because they came fast and furious. They defended him, with nothing to back up their case, as usual.

That was Part 3. Remember this for later.

Part 5 is also interesting, because one of the tags was Carly Smithson. Why? Have a listen, and go about 2 minutes and 45 seconds in. Well, again, Carly's crazed fans came in to the comments section with NO regard for Amanda, and started crying like a bunch of little bitches about a fan's question. I mean, who cares? Don't people have a right to not like someone? Lighten up, folks.

Here's the ass kicker, though. Here's a list of the number of page views. It's been about 70 hours since I've posted them:

Part 1: 84
Part 2: 65
Part 3: 310
Part 4: 55
Part 5: 224
Part 6: 56

Do you see what I mean? These people didn't even want to hear Amanda. They're just on watch to see if anyone dare say anything negative about some hacks who care nothing about them (but I'm sure they love what's in their fans' wallets).

L O S E R S


This article is dedicated to Smartie. You can listen to the show (and catch the ridiculous fan comments), starting with Part 1.

9 comments:

Smartie said...

That Smartie woman is so rude! She should be B A N N E D

insaneinthesfv said...

I agree, she's just a 15 year old nerd living in her parents' basement...or do I mean a gay man named Doug? Which was it again?

Enid Soto said...

Wow, just wow, the difference in the number of views of the videos is ridiculous, they truly are not just losers, but a bunch of immature cry babies. SAD.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it and I'm sure I'll be called stupid for this, but here goes. You tagged the vids with the Idols names being discussed. Jason Castro and Carly Smithson. All somebody has to do is search their names on YouTube and the vids come up. Of course they aren't going to listen to your Amanda interview if they aren't fans of Amanda. Why would they?

Do you listen and/or read ever interview put in front of you? Even if it someone you aren't a fan of at all?

You want to get attacked. Stick Archie or David Cook in a tag and see what happens. Have fun.

insaneinthesfv said...

Hey anonymous, I know all about the Cook and Archie superfans! They're homicidal!

As for the vids, they have VERY detailed descriptions, so someone can choose to (or choose not to) listen. They chose to start some drama.

Where did you find this page? Jason's Google alert or Carly's? ;-)

BTW, I'm impressed - it took less than three hours! I <3 tags.

insaneinthesfv said...

BTW, thanks for reminding me to limit comments to non-anon readers. No pussy posting here!

Smartie said...

Meow!

insaneinthesfv said...

That is the only kind of pussy allowed in the comments. ;-)

Smartie said...

Ooooooo you like my pussy! I'm tellin!