Friday, September 26, 2008

Sept. 26 Tropics Report

Tropical Storm Kyle, in the Atlantic, southwest of Bermuda. Most of the storm activity lies east of the center.

Tropical Storm Kyle continues its march towards the US/Canadian border, or within a couple of hundred miles or so in either direction. Winds are currently around 60mph, but should be a Cat 1 hurricane by the time it reaches landfall. It will likely lose its warm core and become extratropical around the same time, but it will still be a very strong storm with potential for damage from Maine to Nova Scotia. People along the New England, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia coasts should pay close attention to Kyle.

There's also a little storm about halfway between Africa and the Antilles. It's just a low now, but it might start to develop early next week.

Have you ever experienced a hurricane? Leave a comment and discuss.

1 comment:

Tinnerz said...

Fran in 1996. Turned my backyard into a river. I, being about eight years old, thought it would fun to jump in. I sank down to my waist and freaked out, then my parents were laughing too hard to help. It's hilarious to think about now, but I was traumatized then.