Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

It was seven years ago today that the course of world history was radically changed by some terrorists and a few hijacked airplanes. Let's have a moment of silence if you haven't gone there already.

Done? OK. Let's continue.

We all know the history, and while I feel the need to pay tribute on this day (I did grow up in and near NYC, after all), I don't want my blog to turn into anything morbid. I was one of those people who nearly drove themselves crazy being glued to the news for the remainder of the year, so I don't want to go back to that dark, dark place. Despite this tragedy, there is life out there and a lot of things in the world to make us smile. That is why I am posting this video of a very lovable cat.



You can check out some 9/11 videos by clicking on this sentence.

Please leave a comment and tell me where you were on that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that cat!!!!

I was a sophomore in high school when it happened. All day during school we were all glued to the television set. I was in English Class and watched the first tower go down. Will never forget where I was and what I was feeling when this all happened.

insaneinthesfv said...

I was in Hawaii of all places, on business. There was this corporate incentive trip in which I was in charge of all the air travel arrangements for about 500 people. Most everyone arrived the night before. Only one person was booked on one of THE flights, but called and made a change at the very last minute.

So I was woken up with a call from home, at 5AM Hawaii time, which was 11AM Eastern time, so both towers were already down. Even in Cali most people were just starting to hear of it, and everyone was freaked out. And there I was, 6,000 miles away from ground zero.

Then, I spent about 80 hours over the next five days changing 500 flights for 500 self-entitled, spoiled brats, who found 9/11 to be SUCH an inconvenience. Seriously, they were all that self-absorbed.

I flew home, over the Pacific Ocean, on September 16, the second day of post-9/11 travel. I was so nervous that I broke out in hives.

I went into a new line of work shortly afterward.

Anonymous said...

Not surprising to hear how self absorbed some people were during that time. Sad that people were only concerned about themselves.